ADD THIS

Share |

Monday, February 7, 2011

iMac - Good enough specs for even the TOP of the LINE?

Not too sure...

Ok sure Quad Core - but if you're not doing Video or SUPER INTENSE audio is that REALLY going to speed things up - and how much RAM can you UPGRADE too? C'mon give me MORE RAM - got to have that to even allow the Quad to catch up to the multi-tasking I'll have to do - got to have CS-4/5 open and AE, PS/ILL, Dreamweaver and a few others - but not so into the AUDIO by Adobe - give my old Syntrillium with LOADS of plug-ins and at least I can MASTER - but can I multi-track and STILL use Sony Vegas to get my FINAL VIDEO's RENDERED and UPLOADED? Not too sure...seems like a PC thing.


Plus there's not nearly enough HD space - even with a daisy chain of Glyph Drives - I'll be torching HD's quickly at 90MB per TRACK times 4-5 takes and 32 Tracks - that's 11 GB for just BASIC tracking...ONE SONG - much less many versions of that one song - that 110 GB and then add to that 10 songs and that over a TB -- then try to SMPTE HD VIDEO times THREE HD cams in REAL TIME and now you're needing 200 TB - time to move to PETABYTE - and when you're done with Audio tracks - then master - then ADD all of the graphics tricks - I'm going to need at least THREE of them - sure I love my portable Mac stuff - jailbreak an iPhone, etc, but I'm done coveting a new 4g iPad - as the Galacy is SLEEKER and I prefer Google's OS - for the cloud - just with the SERVICE Providers would get their high end stuff up FASTER! MORE OPTICAL PLEASE!

Oh well, just get it ALL and that's how I ROLL - cross platforms - and of course, you've got to be able to switch from PTS to PTD's...oh well worse fates, at least there are no DLL and other RAM hogs on the MAC but I'd still prefer to BUILD from SCRATCH something that will BLOW away any take it as you find it out of what's shipped - I NEED TO CUSTOMIZE - give me a FULL TOWER with Loads of DRIVE RACKS and plenty of PCI BUSSES and I'll BE OK!!

Techno Distraction!! GK-A-ZOID!

SM @ MSO -