ADD THIS

Share |

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The iPad for musicians and on the road social networking!

There are very few tools that take credit for redefining the way that music is created. For me, the love affair with producing music has just been an ongoing thing - especially with Pro Tools and all of the cool virtual instrments you now can use - who needs a BAND?   But the iPad is about to change the way I think about creating music as I'm not always in my studio - nor care to be!  Idea can come at any time!  

So why not have a tool handy that you can WORK with - at least to get your ideas down before taking them back to the STUDIO for the REAL work to begin!

The new the iRig can be hooked up to any guitar and then add the iRig’s Microphone, a decent condenser microphone that is of decent quality to become a live mic - if there's not too much ambient noise! But you do need a good pair of headphones and my Bose Nose Cancelling and yes, ACTIVE headphones (meaning they have POWER) work just fine! 

But from my standpoint - with all these cool little tools and apps, I can get down to the Songwriting, which leads to arrangements and producing -  and then I can worry about performing the songs live - later on!

But with so much power in one device - you can be writing anywhere you go! It's also a great little pre-production tool as you can use Garage band to get ideas for beats, tempos, as well as other instrumentation you think you may want on the REAL tracks, etc.

And of course, the amp modeler and mic models - with plug-ins make you sound GREAT - I'll have to check to see when or IF the melodyne will come as an app - if it does...WOW!
But I'm tickled pink that I can use my Jimi H - amp, or my double twin reverbs - along with a great drum track and lay it down!  ALL LIVE and in my HOTEL ROOM! 

I''m just loving the technology - and of course, I do love my ONSWIPE plug-ins for my website too!  As I can post and do all kinds of stuff from Admin - and whatever i create - just save to mp3 - post it and it's gone out to ALL of my social networks!  Now that's COOL!

SM @ MSO